The Blog of Justice

Friday, September 15, 2006

Language Confusion

I'm a favourite for this problem. My brain tends to act faster than my mouth can, and before I realise it I have not only spat half of the same sentance out twice, but I have also managed to mix a few words up in the process.

I'm certain that it's not down to some mental disorder, rather me just not thinking before I start to speak, and it can also be attributed to nerves if I'm in an awkward situation (For example of said situation, please refer to several other posts in this blog).

An example of this happening to a colleague yesterday proved to me that it happens to other people too, but more in periods of mental laziness rather than some sort of disorder.

J: Karl, did you see that thingy last night?
K: What thingy's that?
J: Last of the Summer Wine.
J: Oh. I mean Last Night of the Proms!

Not just me then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home