The Blog of Justice

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The company laugh

How do you laugh using the company laugh? I've tried endless times to laugh at something a fellow worker says that is supposed to amuse but often turns out like "I'm just going to put the kettle on, lol", but to no avail.

Any hints or tips?

Perhaps I could take up coaching on it. I've gained a whole new respect for managing directors who can pull off the company laugh with ease, making the subject feel as though their joke was genuinely funny.

Just today I encountered an uncomfortable confrontation with a fellow worker in the (incredibly confined) kitchen.

"Small in here, isn't it." he quipped whilst chuckling to himself.

To my suprise, he then looked to me (mid-laugh) for approval, as though I was supposed to reply with some sort of uncontrollable laughter. All I could muster was a polite smile and a "Yes".

I really need to work on my sense of humour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home