Old school humour
It's dying a death.
When walking back from the football a few weeks ago, I saw a small chap walking the other way walking his dog.
I was with a group of people of ages ranging from mid-twenties to mid-forties, so when I muttered under my breath "Looks like he's walking his horse", I was met with laughter.
If I'd said that to a younger crowd, I'd have been lucky to have achieved a chuckle.
The truth of the matter is that what was once funny twenty years ago to most people is no longer funny to most.
Is this an evolution of humour, or are we working in reverse toward gutter humour and expanding toward the world of carry-on film laughter?
When walking back from the football a few weeks ago, I saw a small chap walking the other way walking his dog.
I was with a group of people of ages ranging from mid-twenties to mid-forties, so when I muttered under my breath "Looks like he's walking his horse", I was met with laughter.
If I'd said that to a younger crowd, I'd have been lucky to have achieved a chuckle.
The truth of the matter is that what was once funny twenty years ago to most people is no longer funny to most.
Is this an evolution of humour, or are we working in reverse toward gutter humour and expanding toward the world of carry-on film laughter?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home