The Blog of Justice

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Rescue me

I got back to my car at roughly 8:20pm after meeting some friends for coffee.

I parked the car in the street at 7:15am, ready to head into work. I put my headphones in, got out of the car, and started my treck to work blissfully unaware that I had left my lights on.

So I am now sat comfortably in the car, on hold to my emergency recovery company for some breakdown assistance with an utterly flat battery.

When I pay for breakdown cover, I would expect a service that wouldn't delay in despatching help. The number was 0800, but not free on a mobile phone so I had to pay for that. I was then kept on hold for seven or eight minutes. During this time, I was played one track on an infinite loop with frequent apologies for keeping me waiting.

I was expecting more than one song to keep boredom at bay. Perhaps something sensitive to my plight, but without relating to it too much.

Aretha Franklin - Rescue me.

Three minutes of that song is enough, but I couldn't help but laugh at the balls to play something like that when some people may be feeling a bit emotional. Seven or eight minutes of that song is ridiculous.

Still, they came within the hour, and I was home around twenty minutes later than I thought I would have been.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home