The clocks go forward, and I don't.
It's not a deliberate thing, it's something I've always suffered with.
I'm discussing the issues with Daylight saving time.
When the clocks go back, I don't mind so much because I know that the extra hour during the day won't make a lot of difference to me, other than lower my mood at the prospect of another dark Winter of rising at 6am.
When the clocks go forward however, it's a different problem altogether.
How the hell are you supposed to stay awake?
What was 6am is now 7am.
This means that for the next few weeks, my body clock is telling me that I'm getting up at 5am.
This is not going to happen easily. I feel absolutely shocking this morning, as do quite a few of you, I'd imagine. People are leaving their commute to work as late as possible, and some are calling in sick no doubt.
I however, took it to a whole new level when I forgot that the clocks were even going back.
I spent the entire day on Sunday walking around the Town centre under the belief I was an hour earlier than I actually was.
I stood outside Tesco with my Subway drink watching my girlfriend wander inside only to be asked to leave immediately by the security guards because it wasn't 3pm. It was 4pm.
And the schoolboy errors keep rolling on.
I'm discussing the issues with Daylight saving time.
When the clocks go back, I don't mind so much because I know that the extra hour during the day won't make a lot of difference to me, other than lower my mood at the prospect of another dark Winter of rising at 6am.
When the clocks go forward however, it's a different problem altogether.
How the hell are you supposed to stay awake?
What was 6am is now 7am.
This means that for the next few weeks, my body clock is telling me that I'm getting up at 5am.
This is not going to happen easily. I feel absolutely shocking this morning, as do quite a few of you, I'd imagine. People are leaving their commute to work as late as possible, and some are calling in sick no doubt.
I however, took it to a whole new level when I forgot that the clocks were even going back.
I spent the entire day on Sunday walking around the Town centre under the belief I was an hour earlier than I actually was.
I stood outside Tesco with my Subway drink watching my girlfriend wander inside only to be asked to leave immediately by the security guards because it wasn't 3pm. It was 4pm.
And the schoolboy errors keep rolling on.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home