The Blog of Justice

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The medium of interpretive dance

A lot can be told by the way that people dance, and because I don't really drink very much alcohol and people-watch more than is good for me, a typical nightclub setting is a great focal point for interpretive dance.

The extrovert
Generally ridiculous arm movements, unbelievably large grin and usually not drunk.

The introvert
Very small arm movements, quite shaky, extremely controlled to the point where everything looks deliberate and awkward. Can convert to the following category after copious amounts of alcohol.

The drunk
Absolutely plastered, small amounts of dribble escaping the mouth and a general lack of control for movement. Similar to the extrovert, but with a lowered state of alertness, and generally a result of the introvert consuming a few.

The fish out of water
I'm usually in this category. Not really that bothered about the music being played, more interested in everybody else, and although this person can cut some serious shapes and should not be underestimated, is wondering what the hell they're doing there.

It's usually someone's birthday and I'm usually there as support, but end up looking miserable.

I'm usually not miserable.

Next time you're in a club, see if you can spot 'em.

This post is likely to be updated and re-posted as soon as I spot another category.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • That post scares me for a number of reasons:
    I've realised that I can be either the introvert or the fish out of water, and never seem to get drunk enough to be 'the drunk'.
    But most scary of all is the fact that I know you've seen me dance while I'm drunk and at a time when I was definitely very drunk!
    I'm scared.....very scared.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home