The Blog of Justice

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Little fingers and receptacles

The drinking container sort, I mean. Many a person lifts their finger when taking a sip of a drink, and I simply cannot understand why.

What's in it for the finger? More importantly, what's in it for the overall energy load of your body?

How much metabolic energy do you think we waste per year lifting our little fingers when we drink? Over the spread over a nation, I'm willing to bet that we waste enough energy to power a small Country off the coast of Italy, such as Madeira.

To take this further, what about the people who have this ideal of finger-lifting so ingrained into their very subconscious that they lift their finger when holding a container in any situation?

On my walk to work the other morning, I noticed (as I regularly notice lots of things on my walks to work every morning) that a girl over-taking me at break-neck speed (as usual) was holiding onto a water bottle with four of her five fingers. One finger was waving nonchalantly in the air, as if testing the air's temperature and humidity.

These people, my friends, waste enough energy to power Britain for an entire day.

Forget littering. This is without a doubt the most wasteful form of energy consumption I have ever seen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home