The Blog of Justice

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The nation is split

By split, I mean either banana split or 'the splits' split.

We're a nation divided between over-eating and being clinically / morbidly obese, and obsessive-compulsive gym attendance.

As part of my exercise regime, when it gets cold again (Below 15 degrees), I pick up road-running again.

I started it with the intentions of running a marathon, but I decided my legs weren't up to longer distances than about 6 miles (Shin-splints and various other injuries became apparent), so now I use it for cardiovascular improvement and to supplement my incoming diet of 5-aside football.

At the moment, as temperatures drop I've been doing 2 miles every Monday to slowly break my legs back in to prevent injury. As the weeks wear on, I'll introduce 3 runs of 3 miles per week.

The above information was a bit of background knowledge for the quandry facing me on my walk to work this morning. I'm not a slow walker, neither am I unfit.

So how the hell is it possible that I'm overtaken by 20 or so people on my walk to work every morning? Flat-out Olympic fast-walkers flying past me at what must be 5MPH.

I noticed that one girl 'walking' past me had unnaturally large man-sized calf muscles flexing with every step. At this point, any subconcscious confusion about my sexuality was 100% confirmed. Manly things do not turn me on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home