The Blog of Justice

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Re-dubbing adverts.

Total alienation.

You're watching their lips, and they're not matching properly. The obviously Russian actors have perfect British accents, and they're ventriloquist specialists.

Does this really appeal to people? How much could it possibly cost to re-film the advert with British actors? How many languages internationally could there be that they sell their product to?

If I'm watching a Gillette advert and the actors are obviously American / Canadian, why would I want to hear a false British voice?

It's like rubbish personalisation in newsletters that we receive every day.

Dear KARL ALESBURY,

Thanks for signing up to the newsletter COMPUTER SCIENCE WEEKLY which is published MONTHLY.

It's not personal, it's not appealing to your audience, and I don't believe it works.

Use proper actors and see profits rise. Then pay me some cash for thinking it up.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home