The Blog of Justice

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Welcome back

The majority of the population are today waving goodbye to the Christmas period, and saying hello to full working weeks once again.

Some have taken holiday over the Christmas period, others have had their offices closed by default. Some have taken no holiday whatsoever. One way or another, you're likely to be heading back either this week or next week.

What I'm looking to comment on is how people can call a sicky today?!

In some rare cases, I can see a sick day being required. One of my colleagues contracted a flu virus over the Christmas period, but was back for work, so I can understand how this can happen. But surely employers must be getting a little bit suspicious when the majority of their work force doesn't turn up because of a bit of a runny nose / sore throat / other ailment?

This has to be a bit of a lame excuse. I got to work faster than usual today due to the fact that there was zero traffic on the roads. It usually takes me twenty minutes to join the motorway.

Today took two and a half.

Factor out those still on holiday, and I refuse to believe that all of them have no holiday during the year.

While I'm at it, how much holiday do all these people get? School half-term? Traffic greatly reduced. Mid-Summer holidays in Benedorm? Horrendous. Traffic at home is greatly reduced. Christmas? Nothing on the road for weeks.

Skiving gits.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home