The Blog of Justice

Friday, September 28, 2007

Childish techie humour

As much as people frown on it, it was never in the ten commandments that thou shalt not laugh at childish jokes, so why are people so offended by it as though it's a bad smell?

Add a techie flavour to the childish genre, and you have some Friday afternoon amusement that can brighten your day, and the day of your co-workers provided they're not all complete grown-ups who watch Newsnight and worry about the strength of the FTSE and the NASDAQ.

Ladies and gentlemen, I emplore you to search within your hearts, and find your comic children that you all have within you.

I want you to let that child look upon childish technical humour as a good thing, and allow it to cheer you up on rainy autumn days.

What's the point of this post?

I wrote a stored procedure in SQL, and then laughed out loud when I realised that the name of the procedure was:

p_insertMember()

I'm so pathetic.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • When writing something in C#.Net recently, I had an object called ManufacturerProvider, and then created an instance of it call 'manProvider'.

    ManProvider?

    I chuckled.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:59 pm  

  • oops, I'm an idiot:

    heh, I had one like that recently. Writing some PHP class, I nearly wrote the function GetCategory() - Category is a pain to write, so this was abbreviated to GetCat(). This lead me to rewrite an implementation of this function to childish ends - I believe this is still in use on a ftse top100 company's intranet! :D

    if ($woman > 50 && $sexCount < 1) {
    $this->GetCat();
    }

    immature? yes. childish? yes.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home