Insecurity
Guess where I am? That's right, on the train.
Imagine that you're watching people board an already busy train, and that you're sat at a table seat with a seat spare next to you.
The train starts to populate, and you're sat on your tod expecting some smelly git to sit next to you.
But nobody does.
Is that because you're a smelly git? Is it because you look funny? Am I a serial killer now?
Tell you what, for nobody to sit next to you on a train that's packed, you've got to have something wrong with you.
Then someone sits next to you, and relief overwhelms you that you don't stink of fox urine. You don't look (too much) like a serial killer, and the fact of the matter is that 90% of the train haven't even noticed that you're acting slightly insecure.
Nobody else felt this on occasion? Nope? Just me.
Imagine that you're watching people board an already busy train, and that you're sat at a table seat with a seat spare next to you.
The train starts to populate, and you're sat on your tod expecting some smelly git to sit next to you.
But nobody does.
Is that because you're a smelly git? Is it because you look funny? Am I a serial killer now?
Tell you what, for nobody to sit next to you on a train that's packed, you've got to have something wrong with you.
Then someone sits next to you, and relief overwhelms you that you don't stink of fox urine. You don't look (too much) like a serial killer, and the fact of the matter is that 90% of the train haven't even noticed that you're acting slightly insecure.
Nobody else felt this on occasion? Nope? Just me.


2 Comments:
I seldom had people sit next to me on the train, but then we didn't have table seats. We had bays of four or six but I would tend to sit in the two-ers to allow the groups that got on to sit together. And noone wants to be crammed on a two seat facing the back of another seat so I was invariably alone.
If I am on a train with such table seats, though, I'd normally be spanning the width of the table with a newspaper, or a laptop + notes so, whilst it wasn't intentional and I'd happily move if requested, I don't often have people sat next to me.
By
Mr Dom, at 12:49 pm
Nah. I usually hope that nobody sits next to me. Same on the bus. Especially on the bus.
By
Anonymous, at 4:30 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home