The Blog of Justice

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Citrus related casualties

I was recently at a function related to my company meeting another company for a meal, and we visited a very posh restaurant in the centre of Bristol.

The menu didn't exactly contain dishes that were ingrained into your very soul. For example, there was no sausage, egg and chips, no beans on toast, and definately no Shepherd's pie, all of which are very popular dishes in the UK.

Instead, this menu was much more cosmopolitan, containing dishes that I had not previously tried. An example of this was the duck salad that I started on. A very delicate dish that required a spoon more than a fork because the duck actually disintegrated on contact. A very nice starter though.

Main course was Guinea Fowl. I've never tried it before, and found it was a lot like chicken. Nice.

Desert however, was the 'Piece de resistance'.

Cheesecake & Lemon Sorbet.

My previous experiences of lemon sorbet have been not that dissimilar to eating lemon icecream. A light lemony flavour with a creamy aftertaste.

This lemon sorbet however, was more sour than a sea of the most freshly squeezed lemons from Spain itself. It was made almost entirely out of lemon juice, as we saw as it started to thaw.

And now onto quote of the week number two.

After the first mouthful, my colleague Arwyn turned to me and said:

'This lemon sorbet has given me a stitch'.

Genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home