The way of the future
I've moved around quite a lot lately, and my transport preferences have shuffled around in a similar fashion.
My problematic commute was initially provided by the rail service, but now I have resorted to car, followed by bus.
The difference in time to get from A to B is insignificant, but my experiences using the services couldn't be much more different.
For example, if I had still been taking the train, I wouldn't have experienced this little gem.
Whilst driving home later one evening on a deserted motorway, I approached a car in front of me that was travelling at what must have been around 45mph.
In the middle lane of a motorway.
With nobody else on it.
That, to me, is probably the most irritating thing that a person can witness on a public road.
There is a close second, however.
When passing the car at what felt like twice the speed of sound (I was travelling at 75mph incase the fool decided to really speed up and hit the fast lane), I noticed that he had his front foglights on.
On the clearest day we've had in the last two weeks. Not a cloud in the sky.
Why do people insist on driving with their front fog lights on when there's nothing wrong with the visibility conditions?! I asked one retarded gentleman this question some years back, and received the predictable response:
"It looks better".
TO WHO?! YOU?! YOU CAN'T SEE YOUR FOG LIGHTS, BUT I CAN AND I AM BLINDED BY THEM.
So, mr fog light driver; turn them off, or I'll turn you off.
You know what I mean.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home