The Shining
Watching The Shining the other night, I was astounded at how a film that's now twenty-eight years old could be quite so creepy with minimal special effects.
However, there's one thing that's stopping me from immersing myself in the film totally.
The leading lady, Shelly Duval.
She looks like a goldfish with wonky teeth.
When she looks scared, she looks scary. I couldn't actually believe the fear she was supposed to be experiencing because I couldn't stop smirking at how ugly she was, and what ridiculous clothes she was wearing. Not just clothes that are reminiscent of that era, horrible outfits that made her look like she'd just stepped off the special bus.
If she was only half ugly, she'd be half believable.
However, there's one thing that's stopping me from immersing myself in the film totally.
The leading lady, Shelly Duval.
She looks like a goldfish with wonky teeth.
When she looks scared, she looks scary. I couldn't actually believe the fear she was supposed to be experiencing because I couldn't stop smirking at how ugly she was, and what ridiculous clothes she was wearing. Not just clothes that are reminiscent of that era, horrible outfits that made her look like she'd just stepped off the special bus.
If she was only half ugly, she'd be half believable.
Labels: duval, goldfish, shelly, shining, teeth, ugly, wonky


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home