Feel the music
Sometimes when you listen to music for long enough, regular sound effects around you remind you of songs. A rhythm of a heavy-goods train travelling past reminds you of a hip-hop track.
Things that people say to you in regular circumstances match those of lyrics you're very familiar with and you can't help but start singing those lyrics in the song they're present in.
More recently I've started to step up to the next level of this phenomenon. My car has begun harmonising with songs.
Driving my car the other day, I was listening to The mamas and the papas, and couldn't help but notice that "California Dreamin'" had an extra backup singer. Using the windscreen washer jets to squirt water on my windscreen produced a pitch-perfect harmony for the verse.
Geek! Yes, yes. I know.
Things that people say to you in regular circumstances match those of lyrics you're very familiar with and you can't help but start singing those lyrics in the song they're present in.
More recently I've started to step up to the next level of this phenomenon. My car has begun harmonising with songs.
Driving my car the other day, I was listening to The mamas and the papas, and couldn't help but notice that "California Dreamin'" had an extra backup singer. Using the windscreen washer jets to squirt water on my windscreen produced a pitch-perfect harmony for the verse.
Geek! Yes, yes. I know.
Labels: california, dreaming, harmony, mamas, music, papas, washers, windscreen

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home