The Blog of Justice

Friday, January 11, 2008

That's rock 'n roll

It is my dream to one day own a Gibson Les Paul Standard. I think they're absolutely superb guitars, and they're the biggest status symbol that I could possibly dream to own.

I don't think I'm going to own one in the next twelve months, so whenever I see one floating around on TV, I'm desperate to own it.

What really breaks my heart is when I see a £1,300 guitar get smashed into the ground by a "rock star" for the sake of what he or she determines as "rock 'n roll".

Don't be a dick, and don't smash an expensive guitar that some guitarists will never own and some aspire to own for the sake of looking cool.

Now I'm a huge Foo Fighters fan anyway, and Dave Grohl is one of my personal heroes, so you can imagine how much my heart soared when I recently saw a documentary on him filming the music video for The Pretender.

The director instructed Dave to "smash the guitar into the ground at the end".

The guitar is a Gibson Explorer and costs around £400 here.

"Are you serious?" Dave enquired. "This is an $800 guitar."

He relented quite quickly, but nonetheless, it was good to see a real rock star express concern for the value of instruments that some people will never own.

Rock on, Dave.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home