Would you like us to keep you updated?
It's a checkbox in every competition entry, and every form you submit online that's likely to capture your data for one use or another. It always seems to have an ulterior motive in the form of sending you things that are based on what you're interested in.
But I encountered something else this morning. I opted out of the Metro, but I didn't tick a box.
According to a previous blog entry, I am forever finding it difficult to say no to the Metro newspaper. I never read it, and it's only wasting paper. I find myself saying no thankyou every day. Until today.
I walk past the same girl every day, and every day she tries to hand me a Metro. Every day, I say "Good morning! No thanks." to the paper being aimed at me, and every day she looks a little more disappointed that I haven't accepted a paper. Doubts form in her head.
Maybe I'm not smiling enough. Maybe my "good morning!" isn't good enough.
This morning, it finally got through. I walked over the usual bridge to work, and approached the Metro lady. She hands papers to those dotted around the location, fully aware I am approaching.
It appears that she now recognises me, because this morning I was offered no paper! I had the default "good morning!" but no paper! Hoorah! One down, one dispensiary to go.
This morning I logged onto MetroGirlsBrain.com and updated my preferences.
Shabba.
But I encountered something else this morning. I opted out of the Metro, but I didn't tick a box.
According to a previous blog entry, I am forever finding it difficult to say no to the Metro newspaper. I never read it, and it's only wasting paper. I find myself saying no thankyou every day. Until today.
I walk past the same girl every day, and every day she tries to hand me a Metro. Every day, I say "Good morning! No thanks." to the paper being aimed at me, and every day she looks a little more disappointed that I haven't accepted a paper. Doubts form in her head.
Maybe I'm not smiling enough. Maybe my "good morning!" isn't good enough.
This morning, it finally got through. I walked over the usual bridge to work, and approached the Metro lady. She hands papers to those dotted around the location, fully aware I am approaching.
It appears that she now recognises me, because this morning I was offered no paper! I had the default "good morning!" but no paper! Hoorah! One down, one dispensiary to go.
This morning I logged onto MetroGirlsBrain.com and updated my preferences.
Shabba.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home