The Blog of Justice

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sales Teams - The joke that never was

It has been a comedy sketch waiting to happen ever since the introduction of 'power-marketing', when sales teams are forced into becoming a parody of themselves.

They are forced to cheer ridiculously loudly with rapturous applause every time a sale is made.

Their noses are pressed to the grindstone every single day with very little actual job satisfaction, and if you're naughty, you're taken to a very public shared-meeting room and bollocked in front of anybody who happens to be passing on their way to the kettle / toilet / both.

Sales / Marketing companies have the highest staff turn-over I have ever witnessed, invariably due to bad management practices and lack of actual respect for employees.

Before I go any further, I should probably state that this is not necessarily my opinion of the entire sales / marketing industry, and I'm sure that there are some very successful companies who enforce this practice who don't make themselves look stupid.

Come to think of it, that's the end of the post.

Edit - 12:11pm

A recent team discussion has brought to light the fact that these cheers could actually be cries of joy for another reason.

I asserted that the reason that they were screaming with joy was because they actually feed the sales member with the lowest sales ranking to Sarlacc, who (probably) lives under the building.

I also asserted that they wear black pointy hats and robes whilst engaging in this ancient sales ritual.

Think about it. It'd explain the high staff turn-over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home