Give blood
The UK is consistently bombarded with advertisements for giving blood to the NHS. Blood vans are set up throughout the country to collect blood for immediate distribution to hospitals that need it.
The adverts are always telling us how much of a shortage there is, and how we need to give blood today because otherwise someone will die.
So why the bloody hell (pun partly intended. Thanks) can't I get near a blood van?! Every time I go down there, they're fully booked and I'm told to try again another time!
Tell you what. Tell me when you're REALLY short and I'll quite happily nip down and donate!


4 Comments:
Do not get me started! I've been turned away *multiple* times after waiting an hour or more in the queue. Then, today I get a phone call asking me to donate platelets. Arrrrgh!
By
Anonymous, at 10:24 pm
I asked where my local session was having previously donated through a session organised by my old company. I was told that my local one was just round the corner and that I couldn't make an appointment. I was skeptical so I rang them directly before heading over and they said they were heaving and had to turn people away and that next time I should make an appointment. What makes it worse is I've been told countless times how important it is that I give blood as I have a rare blood type, but no one will let me give it away!
By
Unknown, at 2:12 pm
I've tried to give blood - once. They had a whole investigation because I had an op when I was a baby. I got a letter 2 months later saying that I was not able to give blood because of that :/
By
mlperryman, at 2:37 pm
You are lucky: In Australia they will not accept my blood... too mad apparently... all because I come from the Queen's Country.
In hospital, bleeding out, blood shortage, they do not want to take a one in a million chance that my blood has CJD. Got to wonder who is mad here?
By
DB Gurus, at 11:16 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home