Just one look at you
"... and I know it's gonna be a lovely day."
A Bill Withers song that couldn't be farther removed from the truth yesterday, although I wasn't looking at anybody in particular to quantify that song having some meaning to me.
I woke up feeling cold and tired, and went into the bathroom for the morning pee. When handling the toilet roll, it falls out of my hand, and straight into a toilet bowl now filled with urine.
Great start.
Off I go downstairs for some breakfast. Did I miss the bowl with both cereal and milk? You betcha.
In the three minute walk from the car to the office, I manage to get attacked with approximately three-hundred gallons of water due to the torrential rain.
I then spend most of the day concentrating on one small part of what should've been an already simple task. I look at the clock, and it reads 10.00am. I look at some work, and look back. 1.00pm. Hardly any ground has been made. I look again - 5.30pm and I have to get home.
Sometimes you know from the outset that your day isn't going to be filled with accomplishment, and it's not always your mindset that convinces you of this. It's the fact that you dropped a toilet roll into a toilet full of pee.
A Bill Withers song that couldn't be farther removed from the truth yesterday, although I wasn't looking at anybody in particular to quantify that song having some meaning to me.
I woke up feeling cold and tired, and went into the bathroom for the morning pee. When handling the toilet roll, it falls out of my hand, and straight into a toilet bowl now filled with urine.
Great start.
Off I go downstairs for some breakfast. Did I miss the bowl with both cereal and milk? You betcha.
In the three minute walk from the car to the office, I manage to get attacked with approximately three-hundred gallons of water due to the torrential rain.
I then spend most of the day concentrating on one small part of what should've been an already simple task. I look at the clock, and it reads 10.00am. I look at some work, and look back. 1.00pm. Hardly any ground has been made. I look again - 5.30pm and I have to get home.
Sometimes you know from the outset that your day isn't going to be filled with accomplishment, and it's not always your mindset that convinces you of this. It's the fact that you dropped a toilet roll into a toilet full of pee.
Labels: bad, day, done, no, pee, toilet, toilet roll, urine, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home