The intelligence of youth
Stood on the train platform, I noticed a small group of girls who were probably between the ages of sixteen-eighteen, as they disembarked the train at a station well known for having a college nearby.
I wasn't expecting to hear ground-breaking conversation on the implications of the strength of the pound, or what they thought of Gordon Brown being the next Prime Minister, but I wasn't expecting to hear this:
Girl1: Why doesn't anybody like Vanessa Feltz? I do.
Girl2: Miss Piggy doesn't like her, so why should I?
Good grief.
I wasn't expecting to hear ground-breaking conversation on the implications of the strength of the pound, or what they thought of Gordon Brown being the next Prime Minister, but I wasn't expecting to hear this:
Girl1: Why doesn't anybody like Vanessa Feltz? I do.
Girl2: Miss Piggy doesn't like her, so why should I?
Good grief.
Labels: awestruck, girls, miss, piggy, platform, stupid, train, unbelievable

1 Comments:
Hi, while trawling the net for one reason or other, i came across your blog. Not knowing quite what a blog was, i decided to take a look! Before i knew, i was reading back through your blog. Sometimes agreeing..sometimes not..often funny..but always admiring your humourous truth! Thanks for making an otherwise "run of the mill" day a little more interesting!
By
Mo, at 11:38 am
Post a Comment
<< Home