The Blog of Justice

Friday, May 25, 2007

Becoming the thing you hate the most

This morning I did become the thing I hate the most.

I came into work at 7.15am (ridiculous I know), and sat down at my desk to find that our internet connection had died. The router had crashed, and I had no means of re-setting the damn thing. It's locked in a cupboard which I (at the time) didn't have a key to.

So what do you do if you can't do work (I work for a web agency) and you can't blog?

You play Minesweeper.

Here's where my hatred for myself came in. At the time I was sat at the desk of a chap who starts at our company on Monday. I noticed that minesweeper came pre-installed, where my machine did not.

And so, I became the thing that I hate the most.

I played Minesweeper and got on the leaderboard for two of the three difficulties on someone else's computer, one level of which he will find difficult to beat.

One day he'll notice, and he'll be caught in a vicious circle of trying to beat that score. The company will go under, and I'll be on the street selling The Big Issue trying to work out where I went wrong.

I played Minesweeper on someone else's computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home