In my three months as a blogger...
It's every scare-mongerer's favourite phrase!
I was watching TV last night, and I heard this phrase on no less than four occasions to try to scare up some extra passion or emotion from viewers.
"In my thirty years as a mechanic, I've never seen a bonnet catch as flimsy as this".
"In my thirty-six years as a policeman, I've never seen a murder as bad as this".
"In my twenty years as a stripper, I've never used a pole as greasy as this".
The last one was my invention. The point remains the same.
Stop hyping up stories for the sake of story-telling, and report the news as it is.
Here endeth post one-hundred and two.
I was watching TV last night, and I heard this phrase on no less than four occasions to try to scare up some extra passion or emotion from viewers.
"In my thirty years as a mechanic, I've never seen a bonnet catch as flimsy as this".
"In my thirty-six years as a policeman, I've never seen a murder as bad as this".
"In my twenty years as a stripper, I've never used a pole as greasy as this".
The last one was my invention. The point remains the same.
Stop hyping up stories for the sake of story-telling, and report the news as it is.
Here endeth post one-hundred and two.
Labels: as, before, my, never, occupation, seen, this, years

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home